A lot has happened project wise since the last blog post, and I shall tell you the most important stuff:
1. Location Issues
Our group have had some minor issues when it came to finding the right location for filming. we initially had this abandoned building in the middle of witney that worked perfectly, but the one day we were planning to film, the council came along and started a refurbishment project on the building, ruining our plans. Un-fazed by this, we decided that a burnt down building in witney would be a good idea as an alternate location. At first it worked well, until we received information that there was a possibility of Asbestos still lingering in the building, so we decided rather quickly to scrap this location as fast as possible. A week passed, and things were looking a bit hopeless location-wise, until we discovered the college's sixth form centre was no longer in use and looked nothing like it used to, and suited the idea to a tee. So in the end, we chose this place as our principal location.
2.Helping another group
During our location/filming drought, I decided to offer my assistance to another group in the class who approached me with an acting role for their Single Camera Drama. I gladly accepted, and work for this began very soon. After looking at everything that was filmed that day (along with the groups idea) I'd say that my group has some serious competition on this assignment, as what they filmed was very,very good indeed and I can't wait to see there finished product. (the fact I star in it is also a factor...)
3.Filming our production
On Thursday we finally got round to filming our drama. We used the aforementioned sixth form room to full effect, which looked brilliant on the camera. Everything went extremely well that day, with all of the actors being on top form, as well as those behind the camera as well. There's a shot I really,really like towards the end of the drama which I came up with on the spot, where the camera follows two henchman around as they fight, before going back to the kidnappee, all in one shot. The Brutality of the violence mixed with the camera motion is very effective, and I really can't wait to start editing this after Half-term. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment